top of page
CENTRAL FLORIDA OPHTHALMIC PERSONNEL SOCIETY
Annual Meeting 2023
Past Meeting Photos
Use tab to navigate through the menu items.
Cataract Surgery Update: Premium IOL
1. All of the following are names of current premium IOL’s except:
A. Alcon Toric IOL
2. Laser assisted cataract surgery can correct some or all of the patient’s astigmatism at the time of cataract surgery.
3. Which of the following treatments is not used to help prepare the corneal surface for cataract surgery:
A. Pupillary assessment
C. Reading exercises
D. Lid hygiene
4. Your cataract evaluation on a new patient reveals they are wanting “perfect 20/20 vision after surgery at any cost.” This patient is an excellent candidate for a premium IOL.
5. Factors to consider in managing pre-op expectations include which of the following:
A. Patient must be aware that some glare and halos will still be present.
B. Floaters will not be corrected by cataract surgery and may initially appear worse.
C. Dry eye syndrome that existed before surgery will still need to be treated.
D. All of the above
6. Post-operative course of treatment could involve any of the following except:
A. Extended use of post operative drops
B. Exacerbation of dry eye temporarily
C. Resolution of dry eye
D. A neuro-adaptation period to multifocal IOL’s
E. Visual disturbances between implantation of the 1st and 2nd IOL
7. Important measurements of the eye for determining the intraocular lens power include all the following except:
A. Axial length of the eye
B. Width of the eye
8. Common postoperative findings from cataract surgery include which of the following:
A. Subconjuctival hemorrhage or injection
B. Anterior chamber cell and flare
D. Foreign body sensation
E. All of the above
9. Multifocal IOL implants can also correct astigmatism.
10. Common eye drops used in the post-operative course of cataract surgery include all the following except:
A. Prednisolone drop (ex Pred Forte)
B. Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drop (ex ketorolac)
C. Artificial tears
Thanks for submitting!
bottom of page